Editorial overview of journal article publication (online roundtable)
Center for Faculty Innovation
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 – 11:30
The publication process can mystify both new and experienced researchers. In this FCI roundtable, the facilitators will seek to “demystify” the problems associated with the publication of journal articles in peer-reviewed journals. Three knowledgeable facilitators, Dr. Melanie Shoffner, editor of English teaching, Dr. Cathryn Molloy, incoming co-editor of Rhetoric of health and medicine, and Dr Charles Bailey, editor-in-chief of Behavioral research in accounting, will offer their “Top 3” insights into the journal article publishing process at the start of the event, followed by an invitation to engage with the public. Dr. Ed Brantmeier, incoming editor for the Peace Journal Education, will act as the moderator of the conversation.
- Melanie Shoffner, Ph.D., Middle, Secondary and Mathematics Education;
- Cathryn Molloy, Ph.D., writing, rhetoric and technical communication;
- Charles Bailey, Ph.D., Accounting; and
- Ed Brantmeier, Ph.D., CFI and Training in Learning, Technology and Leadership.
Faculty participants will progress towards this program outcome:
- Explore the process of publishing journal articles with editors from various journals.
Faculty members will progress towards the results of these scholarships:
- Appreciate the various forms, objectives and modes of communication of scholarships in higher education;
- Improve scientific productivity; and
- Advance academic skills.
Our programs are intended only for professors or staff of JMU. If you are a student or administrator and would like to participate, please register and leave a note at the end of the survey.
We want this program to be welcoming, accessible and inclusive for all of our participants. Please describe any considerations (e.g. disability, well-being, cultural, etc.) that you want us to know about in the enrollment survey. You can also contact us personally at Tiffany Runion, [email protected] or (540) 568-4858.