Headwall Partners Announces Publication – ‘Headwall 2022 Steel & Metals Outlook Survey’
DELRAY BEACH, Florida – May 9, 2022 – (Newswire.com)
Headwall Partners LLC (“Headwall”), an independent corporate finance and strategic advisory firm focused on the steel, metals and mining industries, today announced the release of its sixth annual report “Headwall Steel & Metals Outlook Survey”. Headwall’s annual survey examines the perspectives of business leaders in the North American steel and metals industry regarding their outlook for sources and rates of growth in the sector and the impact of economic policy and policy on this growth.
Peter J. Scott, Founder and Managing Partner of Headwall Partners, said, “This year’s outlook survey draws some very interesting findings from senior industry executives, including an expectation for the return of inflation and the multi-year strength in metal prices due to the war in Ukraine.
Headwall conducted a detailed survey of industry executives at the President, CEO and CFO level to assess how metals industry leadership teams are continuing to grow. The 38 participating companies represented a wide range of sub-sectors, company sizes and industry ownership structures. Results from the survey sample include:
- 81% of respondents are more optimistic about the prospects for their company’s financial performance over the next three years compared to the past two years.
- The majority of respondents forecast modest growth in demand for steel and aluminum over the next 3-5 years.
- 87% of respondents expect the war in Ukraine to lead to higher metal prices, and 58% of respondents expect this impact on prices to last 3-5 years.
- 45% believe, pro forma for the announced plant expansions, that there will not be enough scrap metal for the American market.
- 45% of respondents expect mergers and acquisitions to be the biggest source of growth for their business over the next three years.
The full results of Headwall’s survey can be found by click here.
About Headwall Partners
Headwall Partners LLC is a corporate finance and strategic advisory firm focused primarily on the steel, metals and mining industry. Led by veteran investment banker Peter J. Scott, Headwall provides strategic advice on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity investments, restructurings, valuations and other financial services. Clients rely on Headwall for its deep industry knowledge, candid advice and intellectual rigor. Headwall operates in alliance with affiliates to augment Headwall’s industry expertise with the specific product expertise of its affiliates. Headwall Partners is based in Delray Beach, Florida and serves clients worldwide. To learn more about Headwall Partners, please visit www.headwallpartners.com.
Securities transactions are executed by a registered broker.
Press release – Survey 2022_vFINAL.pdf
press release department