Library life: week of November 7 | Life
Bourbonnais Public Library
• Coffee Tasting: Monday at 10 am, the library will host Nick Mansell, of Connect Roasters, as he presents a coffee tasting and discussion of where they come from and how they are roasted.
• Sleepover with Stuffed Animals: Between 3 pm and 6 pm on Mondays, kids can bring their favorite stuffed animals and leave them for a slumber party at the library. Stuffed animals can be picked up after noon the next day.
Bradley Public Library
• Wacky Science: At 4:30 pm on Monday, elementary school children are invited to explore the fun of science with the library. This will be the time to dig into different types of science experiments.
• Resume Workshop: Tuesday at 1 pm, this free workshop from KCC Workforce Services will share the basics of today’s resume. Samples will be given along with individual instructions on how to create a CV. Computer skills are required.
Edward Chipman Public Library (Momence)
• Sing-A-Long & Storytime: Wednesday at 11 a.m. there will be 30 minutes of singing, followed by 30 minutes of story reading. Program open to young people.
Grant Park Library
• The library offers books from the bestseller list as well as old classics and children’s books. They also have children’s DVDs, which require a deposit which is returned when the DVD is returned.
Kankakee Public Library
• Tuesday Morning Book Club: Tuesday at 10:00 am, the book discussion will be “Brain on Fire” by Susannah Cahalan. The club meets on the second Tuesday of each month.
• Bingo with Books: At 10 am on Friday, the library will host Bingo with Books, where patrons can play bingo games for a chance to win prizes. The games take place in the Auditorium on the 4th floor.
Manteno Public Library
• Tuesday Book Club: Tuesday at 3 pm, join the library for a discussion on “The Shoemaker’s Wife” by Adriana Trigiani. Copies of the book are available at the library.
Limestone Township Library District
• Book Sale: Until November 9, the Friends of the Library Group will be holding a book sale during library opening hours.
• Adult Book Club: Tuesday at 6:30 pm the library will host a discussion on the book “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owen.
• National Game Day Celebration: Wednesday at 6 pm there will be a game night for the whole family in the meeting room. Board games, ping pong and giant Jenga will be available.
Pembroke Public Library
• Adolescent / Young Adult Advisory Committee: At 6:30 pm Thursday, the library will hold a meeting of teens and young adults to plan Friday and Saturday activities at the library. The goal is to improve the well-being of the community through networking.
• Family Fun Time: Starting at 11:30 am Friday, join the library via Facebook Live for a craft demonstration, recipe and story time.