Northern Data reports on its operations for March 2022 and announces the publication date of its 2021 annual report
- Publication of the 2021 annual report is scheduled for June 30, 2022
- 43,500 ASIC systems, and therefore 3.95 exahash per second (EH/s), in operation at the end of the first quarter of 2022
- Northern Data’s current managed hash rate and market share would allow production of around 11 bitcoins per day in April, assuming a constant global hash rate
- By the end of the year, as planned, a total of more than 100,000 ASIC systems should be operational, which represents approximately 9.3 PE/s
- Since the start of 2022, Northern Data has generated:
- 14,869 ethers
- 738 bitcoins
- Northern Data holds cryptocurrencies currently worth €146 million (an increase of around 33% month-over-month) by the end of the first quarter
- Bitcoin generation in March 2022: 286 (an increase of around 35% month-over-month)
- Ethereum generation in March 2022: 5,031 (an increase of around 10% month-over-month)
- Portfolio extended to a total of 12 data centers worldwide
- All unaudited monthly figures
FRANKFURT, GERMANY/ACCESSWIRE/April 4, 2022/ Northern Data SA (XETRA: NB2 IS IN: DE000A0SMU87 ) today released an update of its business operations for March 2022. KPMG began auditing the 2021 financial statements on March 15, 2022. The release of Northern Data’s audited annual report comprising the consolidated financial statements for the year 2021 under IFRS is expected by June 30, 2022. The Annual General Meeting is scheduled for the end of August 2022.
“In addition to publishing the annual report, we will also share more details about our global HPC infrastructure expansion in 2022 and update our shareholders on facets of our growth strategy and the development of our GPU cloud and new locations, commented Christopher Yoshida, President and CFO of Northern Data.
In March 2022, the Bitcoin mining fleet operated by Northern Data increased by approximately 21,000 machines of the latest generation ASIC systems to a total of 43,500. This resulted in an increase in the Bitcoin hash rate (including hosting ) by around 97% to around 3.95 PE/s at the end of March compared to the previous month (around 2.0 PE/s). Of the 43,500 systems, 21,700 are hosted on behalf of customers, with the rest assigned to own-account mining. By the end of the year, a total of more than 100,000 ASIC systems should be operational, which represents approximately 9.3 pe/s. Most of these ASIC systems are already paid for.
GPU server systems, with over 223,000 GPUs, have already been fully operational since late last year. A total of 5,031 ETH was generated in March 2022, partly because software updates increased the availability of GPU server systems compared to the previous month.
A total of 286 Bitcoin (BTC) and 5,031 Ethereum (ETH) were generated in March 2022 alone. As of March 31, 2022, Northern Data held a total of approx. 1,000 BTC and approx. 35,200 ETH, which at current exchange rates (BTC/EUR 41,125; ETH/EUR 2,964) equals a value of approx. 146 million euros.
By the end of March, the portfolio had also expanded to a total of 12 data center sites globally, including an 8 MW site in Quebec, Canada, and a site in the US state of ‘Indiana.
Also in March, as reported, Northern Data entered into a partnership with the State of Oklahoma and energy utility Grand River Dam Authority (GRDA) and plans to build a data center site near Tulsa for approximately 70,000 ASIC systems by the end of 2024.
About North Data:
Northern Data strongly believes that high performance computing (HPC) will – quite literally – determine what the future holds. The HPC has the power to unlock unprecedented potential and opportunity for research and development, business and government. Our multinational organization is rapidly taking a position of global significance in the field of GPU and ASIC-based solutions by designing and operating efficient and green HPC infrastructures. We offer a combination of smart and sustainable data centers, state-of-the-art hardware and in-house developed software for various HPC applications. These include bitcoin mining, blockchain technology, artificial intelligence, big data analysis, IoT, and graph rendering. Northern Data Group currently operates large-scale custom data centers and proprietary high-performance mobile data centers and employs over 180 people in seven countries.
Head of Investor Relations
An der Welle 3
60322 Frankfurt am Main
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +49 171 557 6989
THE SOURCE: Northern Bitcoin SA
See the source version on accesswire.com: